February 16, 2017
It turns out that there is a boat show this weekend, starting today until Sunday, off the Rickenbacker Causeway where the bridge is. It will be super congested and I’m guessing the parking lot will be full.
We are redirecting Saturday’s SOLE SISTERS workout to FIU for some stairs and incline running!!!!!!!
Be there at 7am for a sweat-your-a$$-off workout! I promise, you won’t regret waking up at the crack of dawn!
Your caring & awesome coaches!!
February 16, 2017
It’s been a while since we’ve seen our friend the bridge. We’re due for a visit!
JOIN US as we kick some incline butt this Saturday, Feb 18 @ 7 AM. If you’ve never run the Key Biscayne bridge, what are you waiting for? It’s a beautiful run… you’ll want to do it again and again!!
And as per usual, if it is raining, we will redirect to FIU.
See you all soon!
P.S. TIME IS RUNNING OUT TO BUY BANQUET TICKETS!
February 15, 2017
Our Annual Awards Banquet is coming up!!
Sunday, February 19, 2017 marks our 12th Anniversary for the Annual Awards Ceremony. For those who don’t know, the banquet is our yearly opportunity to recognize you all – to highlight the past year’s events and to award those who have worked their butts off to achieve their health & fitness goals.
It’s a beautiful event, with a full course dinner, open bar, DJ and dancing, and of course, the awards ceremony. It’s a formal event so we all get to dress our best! Once again, the ceremony will be held very close to home….right upstairs at the Royal Ballrooms Banquet Hall!
To purchase your tickets, see our front desk staff, call us at 305.225.5282 OR click HERE and you can purchase tickets from the comfort of your own home!
HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL!!!
February 14, 2017
If you are part of our 90-DAY TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE, here’s some motivational fun:
Post a pic*** for the next 30 days on our Facebook group page that corresponds to the following….
***The photo must be one that you took yourself – NOT a photo you found online and then copied and pasted it. Those will not count!
Every number corresponds to a day starting with tomorrow being #1.
At the end, we will vote for the person with the best/most creative pictures and she will win a bootcamp tee and $25 gift card of choice.
February 8, 2017
Ladies, meet us in our beautiful TROPICAL PARK this Saturday, February 11 @ 6:50 am SHARP, by the hill.
There is plenty of parking by the hill and is closer to the Miller entrance.
Another fabulous challenge workout coming your way this Sunday, February 12 – 7am & 8am. Pick a time and RSVP below!!
Day 16 – 4 CHALLENGE DESTROYERS
The 2nd of 4 guilty group….
Your Significant Other
In the beginning stages, dating often involves dining out… a lot. Once you live together, your other half might stock up on tempting junk food. Before you know it, you’re falling in love and busting out of your pants! ENOUGH! What can you do to stay ahead?
*You can cook dinner so you’re in control of what you both eat.
* Stock up on healthy favorites, and keep them in a separate pantry from your SO’s not-so-healthy treats.
*Out of sight, out of mind….Ask them to keep their goodies out of your sight (hide them!).
*Have a heart-to-heart and let them know what your goals are. Seek their help & support.
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!
February 6, 2017
Hard work and persistent effort did not go unnoticed for INDIRA REYES last month! She’s the STUDENT OF THE MONTH for February 2017! Congratulations Indira!
1. Age: 30
2. Profession: Office Manager
3. When did you first start training at WOFB and how did you find out about us?
July 28,2016. I found out about WOFB through a Google search.
4. Tell us about your & fitness background: I don’t have any sports or fitness background.
5. Favorite Workout (or type of workout): Weights
6. Least Favorite Workout: Push ups and pull ups
7. What sort of changes have you seen in your body, health and overall fitness since starting WOFB?
I’ve seen every possible change in every aspect of my body, health and overall fitness. I’m the healthiest I’ve ever been my whole life. I love seeing the little bit of muscle I have now and can’t wait to get more. I’m stronger not just physically but mentally as well. I had an injured knee and was afraid of hurting it again but it’s better than ever and both Edgard and Lorraine have helped me achieve that. I feel great and have lots of energy. I’ve found a new love with being healthy and working out.
INDIRA, we are so proud of you! KEEP IT UP!
February 3, 2017
This Saturday, Feb 4th, SOLE SISTERS will be meeting at Flagler & 97th for our invigorating weekly run! Remember ladies, SOLE SISTERS is for all Elite Bootcampers and each runner can go at their own pace.
We will meet at the corner of Flagler and 97th Ave., & park in front of Stirrup Elementary which is located right there. It’s a nice straight run with a bridge for a little incline.
WHO’S WITH ME?
DAY 11 – 4 CHALLENGE DESTROYERS
Ladies, here are 4 types of people who can get in the way of your fitness goals, and tips on how to handle each of them…
I’ll cover each one over the next 4 days. First guilty group….
Your supervisor provided carby muffins for your morning meeting. Annie from Accounting baked brownies (again!) and left them in the break room. Your cubicle neighbors are ordering lunch from the local pizza joint. It never ends!
Here’s what to do…
- Always eat breakfast! If you’re full, you’re less likely to succumb to the temptation of empty calories, no matter how delicious they look & taste!
- Keep healthy snacks at work. Ok, so your stash of carrots is no match for those glazed donuts but think about your GOALS! You’re on a journey that no one else has to understand or approve of. STAY STRONG! Chew gum or grab a coffee. You’ll feel soooooo good about yourself for not giving in!
- Meal prep! Have your meals ready – it helps you stay focused!
- Keep your goals in sight. Have a motivating picture or motto by your desk. Call a friend you know can help you get re-focused. Just remember why you are doing this and how amazing you’ll feel by the end of it!
Have a good night!
January 31, 2017
OK, so here are some helpful tips for this challenge…
1. First off, WATER – you need to drink lots of it. How much water should you drink each day? It’s a simple question with no easy answers. Studies have produced varying recommendations over the years, but in truth, your water needs depend on many factors, including your health, where you live & how active you are. Two thirds (2/3) of your body weight in ounces or anywhere between 1/2 gallon to a full gallon should be fine. Obviously, reach for the higher end on training days. Try to drink 2-3 cups two hours before your workout, hydrate appropriately during your workout and replenish after. I like to either fill my daily quota in a plastic gallon first thing in the morning, or I keep a log of the # of glasses I’ve had on my phone throughout the day. HINT – if your pee is dark, you’re not drinking enough H2O!
2. MEAL PREP – as I mentioned before, there’s no better ingredient for success than PREPARATION! If you don’t have your meals ready to go or at least have an idea of where your meals are coming from ahead of time, you will get hungry and resort to eating whatever you can get your hands on! TRUST ME!!! I like to prep for 2-3 days in advance – any more than that and your food is EW! I never reheat chicken – I eat it cold….have you ever tasted reheated chicken? EW! Some good snacks to have ready in your refrigerator…boiled egg whites, portioned cottage cheese, dice up your fruit and cut up your veggies so it is easier to prep during the week. You can also try a food delivery service if you don’t time to prepare your meals. WOFB recommends http://athleticsfitfood.com. We have tried many different food services and this one is the best. Their food tastes great and you can customize your meals. More so, use WOFB10 and you’ll get a 10% discount off your total.
3. CONSTIPATION – you may run into it later on. It’s common when you change your eating habits and increase your protein intake. Just make sure to drink lots of water (2/3 of your body weight in ounces of water), and eat your veggies. You may want to switch your rice servings for a sweet potato.
4. If you want to TRACK your FOOD INTAKE, there are a lot of really cool apps out there… check out this site https://authoritynutrition.com/5-best-calorie-counters/ and pick the one that works best for you!
5. SUPPLEMENTS –
a. whey protein – I recommend one with the least amount of ingredients. Many are packed with fillers and artificial sweeteners. Read your labels. Real food is best but this is convenient and effective.
b. glutamine – Studies have shown that L-Glutamine supplementation can minimize breakdown of muscle and improve protein. Take 5 g after your workout and 5 g before bed. I only recommend this if you’re lifting weights. But read your labels because some products may already contain some amount of it.
c. amino acids (BCAA’s) – Aside from playing an important role in protein synthesis, the BCAAs provide extra energy during heavy lifting, help spare muscle tissue, and fight mental brain drain as you battle through a workout. I like Aminolast from Gaspari Nutrition but there are many others that do the job.
d. multivitamin – Sometimes we don’t get everything we need from food alone so taking a multivitamin can help fill in the gaps.
January 27, 2017
I just wanted to share some really cool news with you all… Your Coach, Lorraine was featured on a fitness blog, as one of the
40 Best Fitness Instagram Girls To Follow for Daily
Workout Videos and Motivation
Check it out:
You can find your fearless fitness leader at #16! Way to go Coach! Keep motivating us – we appreciate your commitment and dedication to helping us all get fit and stay fit!
January 26, 2017
How are the 90-day challengers hanging in??
Please check your emails – I have a few who have not yet received their meal plans! I will be sending out meal plan guidelines and a very helpful FAQ’s sheet so keep checking your emails. More so, I am starting a group page on Facebook so we can share recipes and motivate each other.
Looking forward to our first workout this weekend. RSVP if you haven’t already.
Check out these 35-calorie snack size bags of baby carrots. These are great if you want to have a late night snack. They come in packs of 4.
By popular demand, this Saturday, Jan 28, our running group will meet at FIU again! Meet us at our favorite parking garage at 7am sharp to get nice and sweaty!
See you soon!